A.V.C. Polytechnic College, a premier institution owes its birth munificent role played by the Anbanathapuram Vahayara Charities (A.V.C.) Mayiladuthurai. Right from its inception of 205 years ago in 1806, the A.V. Charities has been serving the humanity in the field of religion and charities. The great philanthropist Thiru. S. Ramalingam Pillai, set apart the sixth share of the property in memory of his deceased son Thiru. R. Velayutham Pillai for charitable purposes. The property of the trust is managed by his descendents hailing from Anbanathapuram, Enathimangalam, Pallavarayapet, Kargudy and Kanganamputhur villages.